Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Morning....

Whew - a bit of a roller-coaster ride last week. When they (MSM) announced the Operation Swarmer (?) and that it involved the 101st Airborne. Now I know, 101st Airborne is HUGE. It is a Division made up of thousands of troops, many breakdowns therein. It's just that to this mom - and probably all moms, dads, spouses - you may as well just scream their soldier's name as say "101st Airborne Division" -- at least until we know specifically otherwise. So it came as a bit of relief to find out the operation involved the 3rd BCT, as my own son is in 1 BCT....

At any rate, I have been plagued once again by wierd dreams and wakings at odd hours that cause me to desire a nap during the day because I'm not getting enough sleep!!! And when those wakings come, I always start figuring the time in Iraq, trying to think what SPC Tab is doing, and praying, praying, praying, praying, praying. Now I know better than looking at the clock in the middle of the night - but I am no longer able to NOT look at the clock because of Troy's being so far away, in such a dread, dangerous place.

On an up note, I got contacts last week! I have only had to wear glasses all the time (okay only if I wanted to see) for a little more than 2 years and I had really come to a place of HATING TO WEAR GLASSES!!! So I am now motivated to wear contacts and I am loving them! Of course there have been little glitches in the wearing. For example, I went to take them out the first day at the appropriate time, and 20 minutes later I got to try to take the other contact out!! That also took 20 minutes!!! And my right eye, particularly, was quite irritated and red and tender so that I did not wear them at all the next day. That was a good choice as I felt much better the next day and it only took about 20 minutes to get them in(!!) and 10 to get them out that night. It will only improve - last night they came out very quickly and this morning - under 10 minutes, closer to 5, total to get them in.

I was reading some soldier's mom's blog - and must recommend it to all: http://www.somesoldiersmom.blogspot.com

God bless and protect all our brave warriors-- and keep them always in your loving care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home