Monday, December 04, 2006

Life is Good

My soldier, my hero, my son has been home now for almost a month - I mean actually here in the flesh, with stuff all over my house which had seemed large and roomy theretofore but now seems cluttered and MESSY and that's really not totally horrible. I may have lost my mind but it doesn't seem entirely unusual now to have to step over a pile of laundry and a couple of weapons in order to access my computer. :>
He is home from Iraq, he is home from war, he is home from the Army. In fact he will officially muster out as of December 15th.
I am so proud of him I could just burst and for those who embrace their anti-war sentiments, their anti-America sentiments, their Bush-hatred sentiments like lovers they wish to hold ever near - I can only say how sorry I feel for the empty, cold inability to EVER have a clue how this feels.
Yes, I was worried about him for every instant of his deployments. Yes, I prayed constantly for his well-being, his safety, and - indeed- for the end of violence in the world. But there will always be violence and hatred and evil in the world. Our GIs do not, are not, never will BE that evil. They are what stands between good and evil in the world - even if, even when some few of them choose to go that easy road and walk the path of evil themselves.
They are heroes. They stand when their nation - OUR nation - asks them to, where our nation asks them to, how our nation asks them to stand. They stand in the freezing cold, in the vilest heat and dust and filth you could never even imagine. They stand and face cowards who have kidnapped a religion and claim to be 'chosen by god' and 'the one true faith' and 'the religion of peace.' Peace? When it is acceptable, normal even, to hide behind women and children and shoot at whoever they have decided is their enemy? That is peace? That is good? That is what God wants? No, and no, and no. That is evil, war-mongering, hatred for self-serving, immature and irresponsible liars and despots.
And our GIs stand - so that Americans can sleep peacably in their beds at night. Our warm, soft, clean beds while GIs sleep in noise, in dirt and dust and mud and cold and heat and squalor - because that's what they have at the moment. They stand so that Americans can hold and voice opinions even against the stand of our GIs, even against the GIs personally.
I do recommend to those hate-mongering-morons - don't you start, even START to say or begin to act in a negative manner toward these our heroes, past or present around a GI-mom. No, not a mom who is a GI - a mom OF a GI. I don't think the military is fully aware of the secondary army/navy/air force/marine force - that would be those of us who also serve -- moms, dads, siblings, spouses. Had anything happened to my child I was willing to be armed and air-dropped in to clean house - to take out any and everyone who had harmed him. And I'm a pretty peace-able person!!!
Thank you to our military men and women - whenever, where ever you have served. Thank you to our second force - those who also serve for the fear, anxiety, breath depriving terror of your service!
Now my son is home. I will write about some of that later, but know that I do not forget those who are not at home, those who are not safe, those who are injured. I do not forget and I keep you all in my prayers. God bless and keep you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home