Saturday, August 19, 2006

the countdown nerves

Okay, surely it MUST be that the countdown is on..... Soon my soldier, my son, my hero will redploy. That means he will return from his deployment in Iraq, if you do not know. I put that in because I have mentioned it to a few friends and they are clueless as to what I am talking about. One even said "What!! They can't send him again!!" Okay, the answer to the question in that statement is, yes - the Army can send him again where they will. However, they are "sending" him homeward this time so YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Now, mind you, in the military his impending redployment has this broad time frame reference. So he could be on board a plane anywhere from next week to next month unless... And 'unless' could, indeed, occur. So it's like saying - oh, moms will get this one - your baby is due somewhere around (whatever date). Ah, yes - my first one was supposedly due mid June or thereabouts.. nope - early June. My second was due earlier than birth date and yet my last check up the doctor said he'd see me in 2 weeks. No, I knew THAT wasn't gonna happen.
So I am on tenterhooks with my heart in labor, if you will!!! Makes you kinda distracted, you know? I am going to a pot luck going away party this afternoon for some Aussie friends and I am making my famous World's Best Pound Cake. (yes, it IS the world's best.. You know what you know.) So I forgot to let some of the ingredients come to room temperature, oh - even had to take them out of the FREEZER!!!! Thank goodness I have the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer!! That added to the prep time, though! Then I finally get it in the oven and am cleaning up the bowl when I realize I have forgotten to add the vanilla extract! So out it comes, the bowl gets washed and dried, the batter gets gently poured back in so I can add the flavoring, the pan gets washed, dried, and RE-sprayed so I can put the batter back in and THEN it gets put in the oven. Egads!
And, with several things to do and seemingly a million and one of them at that, I find myself going around in circles starting one to pick up another to put it down and pick up a third and find my way back to the first wondering what the??? How did I forget to finish this? Only that thought is quickly replace with another something to do and round and round it goes!!
Hanging in here with excited anticipation!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

We're all praying he gets home safely. Thanks for stopping by A Soldier's Perspective and leaving your comments. Keep us updated on his return. God bless.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home