Monday, July 17, 2006

Much needed vacation

I am leaving on a much needed vacation this morning. My husband and I have not taken a vacation since before we started building this house (we contracted it out ourselves). The house took 15 months - yes 15 MONTHS to build and we have lived in it for 9 months. We hae taken a couple of weekenders up to my sisters' and such but for 2 years now we have not taken a vacatioin and it is more than time to do so. I am excited! We are heading out to Texas and New Mexico and then home. Home is always wonderful to come back to, it's just that right now AWAY from home is also a wonderful concept.

For the duration - pray, pray, pray for our troops. I can assure you I will be praying for them. Of course, I do have my own favorite soldier to pray for - my son. So God keep them all. God bless them and hold them close to Your heart. Protect them and help each of them know that they are loved and missed by their families and that they are loved by You, heavenly Father. Help them know that You are always with them, that your love is endless, merciful, and eternal. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home